Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Frankenstein Corset Cover

This was my first attempt as a corset cover. It's not very attractive, but really quite useful now that I finally finished it. I padded the area above the bust to fill in the gap that occurs there between bodice and the body.


Front View
Obviously, Miss Busty here doesn't need the padding, but I do :P
The neck and waist close with drawstrings and the rest of the opening fastens with large hooks and bars.


Side View
The ruffles are part of the padding

Back View
As best as I can remember, I used my ball gown bodice pattern as the base of the shape of this corset cover. Something got off when I did the front (the bottom edges don't line up and neither does the top yoke part). But the padding helps immensely with the dreaded bodice gapping

No comments:

Post a Comment