Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Civil War Grannie Panties..I Mean Drawers...

I finally got around to completing my Civil War ensemble with a few behind-the-scenes pieces. Drawers weren't always worn, but were useful for preserving one's modesty in the case of an overturned hoop. So I dug out some white cotton muslin I have in my stash and used this highly informative tutorial to draft some to fit my own odd measurements. The resulting back-closing, split crotch drawers, while rather baggy and unflattering (hence my title :p) are comfortable and will perform their function.
Front view


Side View

Back view- Saggy butt :p

Detail of the back closure. Two (mismatched) buttons hold the drawers closed at the back.
I faced the leg edges, too. Not entirely necessary, but it does make the leg edges smoother than a seam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment