Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Another Vest…But This One is Different

As I have said before I love me some vests! I was looking through pinterest a while back and saw a line drawing of a vest sort of thing that I really liked, so I decided to recreate it in my own way.
Image courtesy of chicstar.com



I got to work modifying the vest pattern that I already have and love to make it have the "tail/skirt" look of the drawing. I made a muslin and pinned the skirt to the bottom of the vest pieces. Then, when I was happy with the look, I took the muslin apart and stitched the additions on, fiddling with the pieces a bit to get them to look right. I transferred the pattern markings and then used the muslin pieces to cut the fashion fabric and lining.
Here is the finished project! I think it's really fun and cute, and the fabric is beautiful. It's a light, soft polyester satin kind of fabric.


The back pleats sit a little funny, which I could probably fix by stitching them. The pleats for the lining and outside are separate, so they don't like to play nice, I have discovered.
 I was also going to try to match a pattern design across the back, but the pattern is NOT one that would cooperate in that way, so I gave up and let the patterns fall where they would.

I am a sucker for cool buttons. I couldn't resist these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment