Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Knit Dress

I've been super busy with my final semester of school! I did find some time a few weeks back to make this simple knit dress, though.
It always seems to be the "Simple" and "Easy" patterns that I dislike the most.


This dress had to be taken in along the side seams quite a bit in order not to look like a sack, even when I cut out the suggested size for my measurements. The neckline turned out way too big because the bodice is cut so the stretch goes vertically, not horizontally. So I had to improvise with a tuck and a bit of elastic.
Overall, I suppose it's a wearable dress, but I wouldn't recommend this pattern.
Front view. The waist can't fit over my dress form's shoulders, so you'll have to excuse the poor hangar photos.

Back view. I centered the design on the back, but absolutely could not find a suitable way to place the front without things "lining up", if you get my drift haha.


2 comments:

  1. Oh the pattern of the fabric is really prone to enhance "certain features"... But the dress looks cute! Even though you had so much trouble with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete