Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Working on Belts

I've been working on the belts to accompany my Edwardian ensemble today. I completed view B, with the rounded front, out of a purple faux suede material I had on hand.
The poor lighting in my room makes it look more black than purple.




My dress form has a little bit of cellulite, so if you'll excuse her butt…haha. It's because I got the kind of dress form that can be adjusted using the padding included. My waist and bust are roughly size 6, but my hips are closer to a size 10, so I had to get a bit creative with the padding there.
I think it will look lovely if I make the skirt out of a black or dark brown material.
I cut the crossover belt out of a scrap of nice soft leather leftover from making my latest purse, but I haven't finished it. I might dye it a darker brown, I'm not sure.
I figured I would make all three versions of the belt since I have enough materials to do so. I'll make view A out of a black twill fabric which I also used to back the purple belt.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I like those a lot! I can't wait to see the outfit once it's completed :)
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to get the outfit completed either. My finals are next week, so I'll treat myself after I'm done and get the materials I need to make the skirt.

    ReplyDelete