Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Final Belt

I finally got around to finishing the third belt. I cut it out of a scrap of nice soft leather that I had leftover from making a purse. I decided to dye it a darker color. The bottle calls it briar brown, and I liked it better than the other brown dyes I have, for this particular use at least. So I did two coats of dye and two coats of a slightly shiny finish on top. Then I figured out where I wanted to put the snap and made holes with my awl to sew it on.
Originally, I was thinking I might stitch all the way around the edge of the belt since the leather is so thin and soft, but I decided not to. Its softness would have made it extremely difficult to use the tools needed to guide the stitching. I also decided against a lining.
Overall, its a fairly simple belt, but I think it might be my favorite.



The Front. The little circle is where the snap is sewn on



Back

Side

No comments:

Post a Comment