Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2015

One Vest, Two Vest, Three Vest, Four!

I love me some vests! They are great, versatile pieces for layering. I've made four vests so far, and I love them all.
All of these vests have been made from the same pattern pack. I think the pattern was a project runway pattern. This one is made from a pretty paisley cotton print.  


My boyfriend gave me a pair of his woefully ripped jeans, and I had enough material to made this pretty vest. I used a scrap of lace fabric I had in my stash to make the side back panels. 

I love the contrast the lace provides


And as a bonus, I made the jean vest reversible! Here it is flipped



I love this one. It's made out of a nice light fabric that my grandma gave me. Im not sure of the fiber content, but it's probably a polyester blend.

It's a little blurry, but I absolutely love the buttons I used for this vest. They are made of wood and have a pretty scrolling pattern on them.

This one is a different cut than the others. I also made this one first. The fabric is denim-like and pinstriped 

I love these buttons too. I think I found the buttons first and then worked the vest around them haha

This vest started out as just halter style, but after a couple wearings, I decided to add the strap to connect the halter to the back of the vest. This modification makes the vest so much more comfortable to wear, as it no longer pulls on my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment