Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

Skirts

I don't usually wear skirts, but I do like to every once in a while.
You might recognize the fabric of this skirt from one of my vests in a previous post. That's because I made this skirt to match my vest. Worn together, I have a fairly professional looking outfit. 

I drafted this pencil skirt myself with the help of an online tutorial that I have now forgotten the name of. But the result is great and fits me well.


I love everything about this skirt, from the color,  to the drape, the ease of wearing, the pattern…I just adore it. It's a wrap skirt that I made from a pattern my grandma gave me. The bright green fabric was given to me by one of my aunts. It has a nice crisp yet still fluid drape to it that I just love.

I love the print of this fabric. It is a knit of some sort, although it isn't particularly stretchy.
This is another skirt I made from a pattern my grandma gave me. I should mention that this as well as most of the other patterns given to me by my grandma are fairly old, ranging from the late 1950's to the late 1970's. The amazing thing is that I could probably wear all of them with very little, if any, modification to the original pattern. (Patterns used to be only one size to a package, not multisided like they are now. The point I'm trying to make is that my grandma had a similar build to my own when she was my age, therefore I can wear the clothes she might have worn back in the day.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment