Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Edwardian Ensemble is Finished!

Yay! I finally finished my Edwardian ensemble! I finished the skirt this afternoon and just had to put everything on and try it out. I like the overall look very much. Just some fair warning, I was taking the pictures that are to follow using my laptop, so they aren't great, but will give you the general idea.

Front view
I obviously have hair much shorter than a lady of this time period would have. My arms are probably longer though!  No matter what I do, the sleeves of my blouse are too short…I'll have to add some ruffles or something to fill the gap.


Looking over my shoulder...

A prime example of the desired silhouette of the period
 I've got padding beneath my corset to plump up my upper hips. The corset cover is heavily ruffled to help the blouse stand out and poof. The corset itself isn't really affecting my stance very much at all, it's mostly padding and ruffles. The corset does take my waist in a tiny bit. Really all it's doing is making my torso round instead of oval shaped, if that makes any sense.


Back view

It annoys me slightly that the top buttons pull a bit. You can also see my skirt waist size alteration if you look closely. I added a small pleat on either side of the back placket to take the waist in enough to make it snug.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! It's elegant and simple yet dainty and frivilous at the same time, I love the blouse especially :) You look the part!
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks :) If I had long hair I would be able to do the puffy Gibson Girl hair too

      Delete